Anthropologie Inspired DIY Tee-Pee Napkins

Monday, October 7, 2013

I'm a huge sucker for festive table linens!  
In wanting to keep my fall decor on budget, I thought it would be fun to spruce up a plain set of napkins. Inspired by Anthropologie's Linen Tee-Pee Coasters
I decided to give my own tee-pee motif a go.  This DIY is so easy ~ if you can draw a triangle, you can do this project!

What you'll need:
100% Cotton Napkins
Fabric Pen
*Note:  Be sure to read instructions fully for your specific fabric pen*
Before you get started, I suggest playing around with your design.  While I opted to keep each napkin identical, it could be fun to have a set with varying designs.

Once you've finalized your design, cut it out and trace over it with black permanent ink.  The bolder the better!  Grab your napkins (I bought this set of Ivory Buffet Napkins from World Market) and decide the placement of your tee-pee.  Also before you get started tracing, I strongly urge you iron your napkin to ensure a smooth flat working surface.
On the back side of the napkin, secure your pattern with pins ~ truth be told, I ended up just holding my pattern in place ~ do what works best for you!.  Using a fabric marker (I bought this Fabric Marker Set from Hobby Lobby) carefully trace your design.  To ensure a straight edge I used a ruler and while I traced, I was sure to hold down the napkin pulling the fabric taut.  My pen instructions said to let dry for 24 hours, then machine washable!
Paired with Sawyer Flatware from World Market, these super easy, Anthropologie inspired DIY Tee-Pee Napkins, are the perfect addition to my fall table setting!

 Looking for more fall ideas?
Head over to DIY Playbook for all the details on this week's
Fall Fantasy Draft!


2 comments :

  1. Those are really pretty! And congrats on the 500 facebook likes- that's awesome! =)

    ReplyDelete

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover