Country Living Fair 2013 | Atlanta

Monday, October 28, 2013

Hello, hello!
I'm back from a super fun filled girl's weekend.  My mom and aunt made the trip to Atlanta ~ we shopped, we dined and we had a great time.  On Friday we made our way to the Country Living Fair and I wanted to give you guys a recap of that day.
Don't get me wrong, we had an awesome time, but somehow we ended up leaving a little disappointed.  In past years there have been a plethora of great antiques and vintage finds and this year we were left with something to be desired.  Most booths highlighted their homemade goods and the majority of older items had been up upcycled and re-purposed into different pieces.  Some vendors had come up with some pretty creative updates in the vintage department, however I tend to be more of a purist when it comes to vintage and antique finds. So while we didn't leave with a ton of stuff, we did find some amazing pieces along with some pretty awesome vendors.  Here's a few of my favorite from the Country Living Fair:
  An Ohio vendor, Jill Yegerlehner, shared her line of vintage items and reinvented pieces.   We loved her cute chalkboards and quirky finds!
Natalie Silver from Ingredients For Your Home styled a super cute setup!  We loved her vintage school house clock and vintage table setting.
Velvet Walker, owner of Velvet's Vintage, brought down a large assortment of vintage finds.  From watering cans to peach baskets, my personal favorite happened to be the berry crate I purchased from her.
  
 A favorite vendor of ours year after year as been The Little Art Studio.  There's always something in her booth we just can't leave without.  I found some cool vintage maps from New York that I'll share with you later. 
 
Of all the crafts and handmade merchandise, Jamie Jimenez of Julia's Poppies Design, was by far our favorite!!  She has created a beautiful collection of illustrated and calligraphed prints, posters and goods which you can see more of at Yours is the Earth.  Her market totes are adorable and 
be sure to check out her shop for more amazing gift options!
  From lamps to pewter, there really is something for everyone at the Country Living Fair.
 The best find of the trip was the cute sign my Aunt picked up from The Little Art Studio.  And while I left almost empty handed it turned out to be a fun day hanging with the girls!  
  Did you go to CLFair? or hit up any fun shops this weekend?  
Comment below with your finds.
And be sure to connect with me on Facebook & Instagram 
to stay up to date on all things Iron & Twine!

6 comments :

  1. Darn, so sorry it was a disappointment. I know you wouldn't trade anything for that special time with your family though. We ended up not going and now I am kind of glad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go to something like that! Thanks for all the pictures. I'll have to keep my eyes open around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle-Thanks so much for the shout out! So glad you liked our booth. Love the market tote photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love love love those totes! And your online shop is adorable! I'm a HUGE fan :)

      Delete
  4. Iron + Twine,
    What a WONDERFUL surprise to scroll down and see your so thoughtful comments!
    Thank YOU,
    Rebecca/ The Little Art Studio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, what a happy surprise awaited me when I turned on the computer today. I loved seeing all you wrote about from Country Living Fair, but you know how I love, love the pictures of my three girls!! Grams

    ReplyDelete

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover