Recipe | Blackberry Basil Sauce

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

This summer pregnancy is bringing on all kinds of cravings and this Blackberry Basil Sauce hits the spot in the tart sweet department!  By using ingredients found in my pantry & garden I was able to whip up my new summer favorite.  Chilled and poured over waffles...

or a bowl of vanilla ice cream...
 I can't get enough!
To Make:
1 Pint Blackberries
1/3 cup of water
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 - 3 tbsp Sugar (to taste)
3 - 5 leaves fresh Basil
In a saucepan over medium high heat bring all ingredients to a light boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 5 minutes.  Remove from heat and puree all in blender or food processor.  Chill, pour, enjoy!
_____________________________________

With most of my recipes I use ingredients I have on hand ~ I highly suggest adding a squeeze of lemon to this sauce prior to chilling (I was out when I originally made this).  Also, if you don't have basil, mint would be a great substitute!


No comments :

Post a Comment

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover