Vintage Storage | Old Hardware Store Apron

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Vintage Hardware Store Apron
I love mixing the old with the new.  And when it comes to organizing, sometimes useful storage can be used in unexpected ways.  I found this vintage hardware store apron in Maine for just a couple bucks.  I loved its worn appearance and graphic text of some of my favorite spots in the Pine Tree State, so much so that I overlooked how completely grungy it was.  Well two washes in the laundry machine and this guy came out looking good ~ still worn, but no longer stinky.  I have another purpose for this Hardware Apron (I'll share that with you later), but in the meantime, it makes a great addition to my desk, organizing and storing stationary, stamps and a notepad.
With us focusing on organization this month, I wanted to show you one way to use a vintage item in a practical, functional way.  Too often when thrifting & antiquing most people will find an item they love, but have no idea how to make it work in their home.  Old pieces can make a great statement on a bookshelf or look great hanging as art on the wall, but when those design ideas don't work for an item, get creative and think outside the box.  So, this weekend I challenge you to find one item in your home and give it new purpose.  It can be as simple as pulling a piece of Grandma's China down from the attic and using it as jewelry storage on a dresser.  Or upcycling those empty shoe boxes into practical & pretty storage boxes!  Ok, you can do this ~ new year...new start...new purpose!


5 comments :

  1. I love this idea! I'll definitely be on the lookout for something like this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this information. I have to let you know I concur on several of the points you make here and others may require some further review, but I can see your viewpoint. check hardware store price

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good written article. It will be supportive to anyone who utilizes it, including me. Keep doing what you are doing – can’r wait to read more posts. singapore online hardware store

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. hardware store price in singapore

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good information about the blog. 34 Compartment Hardware Box Storage, Double-sided: With this double-sided organizer, You can keep your construction gear and your hobby accessories together in the same box while still being separated by having their own side with 17 whole compartments.

    34-Compartment- Hardware Box Storage, Customizable Removable Plastic Dividers, Black/Orange

    Plastic Attached Lid Shipping & Storage Container- 21 in. L x 15 in. W x 12in. H, Green & Gray

    ReplyDelete

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover